Director of Education and Outreach
Reports to: Executive Director
Job duties as outlined, as well as other duties as deemed necessary
• Attend all Operator's meetings and events
• Social Media (post and assist with creating relatable content)
• Onboard all new Operators
• Be a liaison between the operators and the staff
• Plan the Operators end of year celebration
• Operators call-outs per Operators Committee and Opera Staff requests.
• Send acknowledgments to Operators
• Schedule, coordinate and/or set up, and schedule volunteers for La lunch, Student Night, etc.
Outreach and Fundraising Events
• Order all event supplies needed with Director of Business
• Coordinate any A/P and A/R requests with Director of Business
• Take the lead on the following events by securing dates, venues and items for: Golf, Magnolia Ball, HOpera, and all other outside events
• Manage event committees and relationships with those board members
• Serve as liaison to Resource Development Committee with the Executive Director
• Serve as the primary liaison to the Education and Advocacy Committee
• Create event print and digital content for social media with the Senior Director of Marketing
• Collaborate with the Director of Marketing on building playbills for each performance
• Photograph events, rehearsals, and performance photos in partnership with Senior Director of Marketing
• Record and create event and outreach video content as necessary
• Provide content to update the event and education program pages on the PO website
• Liaison with The Crosby Scholars and Girl Scouts
AJ Fletcher Tour Coordinator
• Schedule Fletcher tour performances with Piedmont/Triad schools
• Communicate with school educators/administrators about general questions
• Send schools information surveys to get an idea of their facilities and accommodations
• Update the Outreach portion of the website
• Create brochures and other print/digital materials as needed
• Send confirmation emails to schools before performance dates
• Request/receive payment from schools after each performance has concluded
• Other responsibilities at the request of the A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute administration
• Assist with playbill (donors, symphony, cast and first cover page, operators, etc.
• Assist with auditions by sharing, scheduling, and coordinating all auditions with the artistic director.
• Find housing and book travel for artists and coordinate welcome packages.
• Coordinate arrival and departure transportation through the Operators
• Post and create relevant content to the production (rehearsal images, and more) in
conjunction with the Director of Marketing
• Be a liaison between the production staff and office staff
• Be the first point of contact for out-of-state artists, and local artists in the production
• Keep an eye on the production calendar and coordinate with the office schedule
• Schedule production/office events. (i.e La lunch, arbor acres, etc)
• Assist Artistic Director as needed
• Assist Production Manager as needed
• Assist the Director of Business with the Box Office (in office at at productions) as needed
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Flexible Schedule
• Eight paid holidays
• Two floating paid holidays
• Christmas Eve through New Year’s Eve paid time off
• Bachelor's Degree
• A minimum of three years of fundraising experience (non-profit preferred)
• Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
• Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
• Outstanding organizational skills, planning, professionalism, and attention to detail
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, across a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Proven ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Proven ability to manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships with colleagues and external constituents, including major donors, community leaders, volunteers and members of the Board of Directors
• Ability to motivate, excite, and educate both internal and external resources
• Exceptional leadership and flexibility
• The ability to be kind and patient with volunteers is a must
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Prior social media experience that includes Instagram and Facebook
• Experienced in Constant Contact (or email system)
PHYSICAL STANDARDS: This position involves moderate work with lifting or moving of up to 30 pounds occasionally. The position requires the ability to use computer equipment and the ability to communicate verbally and in written word. This position requires long hours and a flexible work schedule in support of rehearsals, performances, and special events.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit resume and cover letter, email or by mail to: Piedmont Opera Attention: Connie Quinn; Executive Director 636 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC; email@example.com
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicant screening process to begin immediately. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Piedmont Opera celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation.