Position Title: STEAM Education Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Time Type: Full-time
Employee Type: Regular
● Ensures the program is fully funded by leading resource development efforts including: soliciting donations, identifying and writing grants, obtaining sponsorships, and achieving earned revenue targets. Manages grants from development and submission, to implementation and reporting.
● Builds relationships with community stakeholders, including schools, youth-serving organizations, and civic groups to obtain maximum and equitable STEAM programming enrollment. Manages and disperses scholarships from designated fund.
● Develops and monitors programmatic metrics to measure overall community impact. Makes
data-driven decisions to grow and improve youth programming and offerings. (indicators)
● Identifies and recruits qualified educational instructors capable of offering unique, innovative,
and engaging STEAM camps and programs. Develops and implements the annual calendar of
camps and programs.
● Serves as primary staff liaison to the STEAM Advisory Committee, utilizing this body as a
resource for furthering the program's stated goals and objectives.
● Occasionally acts as the most senior staff Member on Duty (MOD) when the Executive Director
and Director, Shop Operations are engaged in other critical events or are absent.
● Identifies opportunities for new programs in order to increase revenue and expand the
organization’s community reach.
● Represents Mixxer, promoting STEAM programs and other relevant opportunities, at
community-based events and functions.
● Is familiar with, and is able to carry out basic organizational operations, including utilizing the
membership management software and oversight of certain volunteer roles.
● Captures photographs, stories, and testimonials, and prepares briefs showcasing program
successes (for use in marketing materials, social media, reports, and appeals).
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, and at least five years of relevant
STEAM education-related experience.
● Dedicated to maintaining an environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion is promoted and valued.
● Experience working within an educational setting (some instructional experience preferred but
● Demonstrated experience writing, securing, and managing grants.
● Ability to independently plan, manage, and meet deadlines for concurrent activities with minimal supervision.
● Knowledge of current High Impact Practices related to youth education.
● Comfort working in the vicinity of workshops (wood, metal, machine).
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Program planning and assessment experience.
● Thorough understanding of the Winston-Salem community.
● Excellent professional relationship management of stakeholders including: donors, foundations, sponsors, staff, members, volunteers, interns, students, parents, and community representatives.
● Familiarity or basic knowledge of tools and technology offered at Mixxer
● Reports to the Executive Director.
● Responsible for recruiting and retaining STEAM teachers, instructors, mentors, and volunteers
(in accordance with Mixxer’s journey standards).
● Program budgetary responsibilities. Oversight of scholarship fund.
● Occasional oversight of staff, volunteers, and interns.
Physical Requirements: Moderate physical activity including moving equipment throughout the
building, transporting and/or setting up materials offsite for organization booths and demonstrations. Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Environmental Conditions: Office, workshop, and technology lab work settings. Occasional outdoor, off-site, or after-hours and weekend activities.
Apply: Please email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by the employee’s supervisor. To help provide a safe learning and living community, Mixxer Community Makerspace may conduct background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Mixxer Community Makerspace seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce and encourages
qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. Mixxer Community Makerspace is
committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in employment for individuals with disabilities.