Delta Fine Arts Center - Executive Director
We are looking for an experienced Executive Director to oversee all operations, functions and activities. You will directly report to the Board of Directors. You will be the face of the organization, responsible for giving the proper strategic direction and implementing a high quality vision. An excellent executive director is an influential manager with ability to lead and motivate. Supervision of employees, interns, and volunteers will be a major responsibility. Great communication skills and taking a holistic approach in managing the organization’s operations, is a must. The goal is to manage and lead the organization towards the realization of its mission. The Executive Director shall have a measurable performance record of accomplishment of business development, community outreach, and fund development.
• Develop and implement strategies aiming to promote the organization’s mission and “voice, locally, statewide, nationally and internationally
• Create complete business plans with strategies and action items for the attainment of goals and objectives set by the board of directors
• Build an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to subordinate program managers
• Ensure adherence of the organization’s daily activities and long-term plans to established policies and legal guidelines
• Direct and oversee fundraising efforts; including grant writing. Developing relationships with foundations, corporations, and individual donors.
• Forge and maintain relations of trust with community stakeholders, partners and external authorities
• Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the Winston-Salem Delta Fine Arts, Inc. (WSDFA, Inc.) in ways that strengthen its profile to include educational programming, finance, external communications and staffing
• Review reports by the bookkeeper and other professionals to acquire understanding of the organization’s financial and non-financial position
• Provides updates, reports and meets with the WSDFA, Inc. Board President on a regular basis. Additionally, provide a comprehensive report on facilities, expenses, fund development, community partnerships and initiatives/commitments made with other organizations at each board meeting
• Devise remedial actions for any identified issues and conduct crisis management when necessary
• Proven experience as executive director or in other managerial position
• Experience in developing strategies and plans
• Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
• An analytical mind capable of “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems; with a proven ability to work cooperatively, diplomatically and effectively with boards, volunteers and the community.
• Outstanding organization and leadership abilities; with excellent time management and decision making skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
• BA degree or equivalent experience in accounting, marketing, finance, art history, or information technology'
• Waiting period may apply
• Only full-time employees eligible
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Temperature screenings
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
• One location
This Job Is:
• A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
• People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
• Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
• Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
• Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
We follow the 3 W's. Wear a mask, wait 6 feet apart and wash hands. The Center has (2) air purifiers, a thermometer for checking temperatures and COVID 19 required waivers.