Arts Council - Database and Operational Support Manager
JOB TITLE: Database and Operational Support Manager
REPORTS TO: COO (with a dotted line to development)
PREPARED DATE: September 2022
CLASSIFICATION: FLSA: Salaried, Exempt
PAYSCALE: $45-50K (based on experience)
ARTS COUNCIL OF WINSTON-SALEM & FORSYTH COUNTY
Arts Council of Winston-Salem & Forsyth County is the chief advocate of the arts and cultural sector in Winston-Salem and Forsyth County. Our goal is to serve as a leader in lifting up, creating awareness and providing support to grow and sustain artistic, cultural and creative offerings throughout our region. We acknowledge that it takes every voice, every talent, and every story to make our community a great place to live, work, and play. Arts Council is committed to serving as a facilitator, organizer, and promoter of conversations that are authentic, inclusive, and forward-thinking.
• Founded in 1949
• 1st Arts Council in the United States
• Raises funds to support arts organizations, arts programming, arts in education and individual artists in the community
• Offers free exhibits, concerts, and arts events
• Provides a variety of service – such as: marketing, box office, fiscal sponsorship,
• Operates and maintains a community Campus and extension facility in the heart of Downtown Winston-Salem, used by over 400 organizations annually.
Annual economic impact of the arts and cultural sector on our community
(pre-pandemic numbers from a 2016 study)
• 800,000 art experiences in Winston-Salem
• Arts enrichment for 31,000 students in WS/FCS
• $156.8 million economic impact on Forsyth County
• 5,559 equivalent full-time jobs
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
Arts Council respects and values the full spectrum of self-defining differences among people. Arts Council is committed to reflecting that diversity in the composition of its Board and staff, and throughout all aspects of Arts Council’s operations, including in the outcomes and other impacts of its work. Anchored by that core commitment, Arts Council strives proactively to promote an environment and experiences in our community that includes, celebrates and supports, in an equitable manner, the needs, perspectives and contributions of all people in our diverse community.
The Database and Operational Support Manager is a core member of Arts Council’s team. They are responsible for managing the donor database, entering gifts and thanking donors, and providing impeccable data from which strategic decisions can be made. Additionally, the manager will provide general and technical support to the administrative office and manage event ticketing set-up for Arts Council box office. As a key member of the team, the manager will further our community engagement and community impact goals by providing personal and thoughtful customer service, striving for a high level of excellence in all tasks, large and small; with the ability to value how our day-to-day work fits into and advances the overall mission of Arts Council.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Gift Processing and Acknowledgement:
• Record all gifts received in the constituent relationship management system, Raiser’s Edge NXT
• Maintain current processes for acknowledging and stewarding gifts, including generating corresponding tax-receipt and thank you letters for each gift in a timely fashion (typically within 24-48 hours after receipt of gift)
• Prepare an annual fundraising activity summary for each fund to report to donors
• Prepare reports for the monthly reconciliation process with the COO/CFO to ensure gifts entered into Raiser’s Edge match the financial records
• Pull a report on a monthly basis to ensure our highest-level donors are personally thanked by the CEO, as requested by the VP of Development and/or CEO
• Participate in the organization’s annual audit with the COO/CFO, preparing documents, and locating gift acknowledgements and agreements, as needed
• Serve as the first-point-of-contact for our donors for anything related to updating their records, obtaining copies of their giving histories, difficulties processing their gifts, and/or tax questions
Provide comprehensive management of the donor database, including but not limited to:
• Managing the operation, maintenance, data input, data integrity, and accuracy of the constituent database management system, Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT
• Managing integration and ongoing exports and imports of data from Raiser’s Edge, including wealth screenings, National Change of Address updates, and more
• Maintaining accurate constituent records in the database in a timely manner, including record of any constituent contact
• Initiating ideas and creating new processes to proactively collect key data points and improve data integrity.
• Prioritizing and accommodating competing requests for data and reports • Staying apprised and trained on the latest Raiser’s Edge technologies and improvements, and helping educate appropriate staff on more effective ways to use Raiser’s Edge
• Work with VP of Development to set up workplace campaign giving sites that connect to Raiser’s Edge.
• Manage, monitor, and record online credit card gifts made through the Audience View database system into Raiser’s Edge
Event Ticketing Management:
• Serve as AudienceView administrator to set up event ticketing for AC, arts partner events, and other ticketing events as needed
• Add ticketing pages for AC and arts partner events to AC website in collaboration with Chief Marketing Officer
• Provide support and training for front of house staff conducting ticket sales
• Occasionally answer box office calls and assist patrons with ticket sales
• Monitor event ticket sales and provide regular updates, ticketing reports, AudienceView access, and ticketing technical support to the appropriate staff member, arts partner, or rental event contact to ensure the success of each event
• Assist with event settlements, providing box office revenues per event to the Director of Theatre Operations and Programming
• Provide month-end reporting to COO/CFO for box office activities
Team Support/Office Management:
• Create reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and as needed basis for the monitoring of annual fundraising progress
• Provide insights into, and analysis of, our database and donors to identify trends and opportunities for further cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
• Support Board Meetings, thank you events, campaign events, etc., with advance logistics and/or in-person support at the event (such as checking in guests, taking minutes, etc.)
• Continually look for new efficiencies and improvements to the current steps and processes with the goal of creating a best-in-class, best practices gift processing, and stewardship program
• Assist with mailings, compiling information packets for prospective donors, and other tasks to further fundraising efforts
• Stock office supplies, as needed
• Serve as point of contact for all office equipment vendors (IT needs, phones, copiers, etc.)
• Troubleshoot issues with copiers, phone systems, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• 2+ years of experience in development, database management, box office, or related fields
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent related experience
• Experience with constituent relationship management system, such as Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce, AudienceView, or Access
• Strong MS Office Skills, with high level efficiency in Excel
• Strong attention to detail, self-starter mentality, ability to self-manage, positive attitude, team player, enjoys a professional, mission-driven environment
• Familiarity with fundraising campaigns, stewardship processes, non-profit or board management, and/or accounting processes
• Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with an interest and focus on customer service
• Strong interest in the Arts.
• Reporting to this position: No direct reports.
• Physical demands and work environment: Office environment with frequent interruptions.
• This job description is not intended to cover all responsibilities of the position, however, it is intended to provide a summary of job responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary for the Database and Operational Support Manager is $45-50K, depending on experience. Company-wide employee benefits offered include medical, dental and vision insurance, and four (4) weeks of paid vacation with additional sick leave and holidays. Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County is committed to building a staff that reflects the community served by our mission and strategic priorities. We invite applications from diverse candidates and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information and veteran or disability status.
SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE
Interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Rebecca Bender, COO by October 31, 2022, or until position is hired. Submissions will be considered as they are received.
Chief Operating Officer
Arts Council of Winston-Salem & Forsyth County
251 N. Spruce Street Winston-Salem, NC 27101